IIFT Entrance Test - 2015
IIFT or Indian Institute of Foreign Trade is an Autonomous business school established in 1963 by the Government of India specifically Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The main aim to establish this institution was to help professionalize the Country’s foreign trade management and increase the exports. The flagship exam of the Institution is Master of Business Administration in International Business (MBA-IB). It Is one of the top 10 Business Schools of India who offers this course.
As there are limited seats in the college for this particular course so obviously there must be a lot of competition. One has to be passed through exam get good marks in it to get admission. The one who will pass these hurdles will get through it.
The main objective is to increase the speed of solving the question of the students. The key to do questions quickly is-
1. One should revise core topics in the form of question and answer.
2. One should focus on the topics which are well known by him and with whom he feels comfortable. The uncomforting topics must not be touched. This decision should be made as soon as possible, don’t waste much timing in deciding this.
3. Old question papers of CAT must be revised. Questions may also come from there.
4. Trigonometry and Statistics are very time taking, confusing and tricky. But here very less questions are expected from trigonometry section. You can safely ignore this part as it constitutes a very few questions. And as far as Statistics is concerned one should go through the basics thoroughly.
This part of paper is mainly based on lines, bar, pie graphs, tables and big digits. This section is generally very calculative thus making it lengthy and tough.
1. One should be well aware of the fact that IIFC have a tradition of repeating CAT questions. You could expect some Ex-CAT questions in the paper. To get the benefit of it you can solve Ex-CAT questions on daily basis.
2. Again in this section one have to be very quick in deciding which question he have to attempt and which he have to left. Much time should not be devoted in this task.
3. Try to avoid standard table questions with heavy calculations. Give them a try only when the options are not very close.
Analytic or Logical Reasoning is given much weighted in IIFC so one should devote proper attention in this section.
1. Analytical Reasoning should be practiced very well to perform up to mark in the examination.
2. One should solve questions related to analytical reasoning. The main topics to be study are decision making, data structures, series, coding-decoding, blood relations and alphabetical series.
3. Syllogisms, questions from verbal logic appearing can also tend to come in the paper.
1. Grammar- Modules and verbal starters i.e. sentence correction and error detection should be studied regularly.
2. Para jumbles Lexicon, words and phrases, synonyms, antonyms, analogies, spelling tests etc. make important part of question paper.
1. Try to do RC in minimum time and practicing them is the best way to do it.
1. Go through Top New Stories and General Awareness Questions to perform better in this part.